Chattanooga Divorce and Criminal Attorney
When the chips are down, you need an advocate on your side - someone who will stand up for you.
At the Law Offices of Sam Byrd, we stand up for our clients at every stage of the legal process. We are battle-tested attorneys who never give up. At the same time, we are compassionate counselors, who understand what our clients are going through. We want the best for them and do everything we can to resolve their problem in a positive way.
We focus our efforts on the following areas:
*Divorce and Family Law;
*DUI and Criminal Defense Matters;
*PERSONAL INJURY; and
*ESTATE AND LIFE PLANNING
Divorce and Child Custody
Divorce is painful; It does not have to be expensive.
Most cases, about 90%, are settled in mediation by agreement, without ever having to go to trial. Settling a case by agreement gives you the power, control, and flexibility to make important decisions affecting your life that are best for you, your family, and your unique situation. If you are unable to reach a fair and reasonable agreement then your case will go to trial, where a Judge will make those important decisions for you, based on very limited knowledge of your unique circumstances and without attention to all the little details. Therefore, we always encourage you to settle when you can, but fight when you must. Our attorneys are skilled at helping negotiate positive outcomes for the family. However, if your case must go to trial, our staff is battle-tested to protect your interests.
DUI and Criminal Defense
No matter what criminal charge you are facing, your best opportunity to secure a dismissal, fight a case and win at trial, or just get the best possible outcome in working out a deal, will most often result from being proactive in your defense.
To a person who has never been through the criminal justice system, it may seem like an unfair system and in some respects it can be. There are many choices, and each has its merits and problems. First, you need to know what those choices are. Your criminal defense lawyer will show you what choice makes the most sense in your case. Your life and your family will be seriously impacted by the choice you make and the outcome of your case. My job is to protect your rights and help you make the best choice for your situation.
DUI and Criminal charges can resolved by:
- An outright dismissal of the charges against you;
- Passing the case for a period of time for it to be dismissed upon your good behavior;
- Guilty Plea Diversion, which allows first offenders to have the charge removed from their record if they satisfactorily complete all probation requirements;
- Obtain alternative sentencing such as probation to prevent or reduce jail time;
- Get serious charges reduced to lesser charges, which reduces possible jail and probation time;
- Minimize the jail time and other consequences of conviction
“At the Law Office of Sam Byrd, the emphasis is on providing an honest assessment of your case rather than promising results that are unlikely. We also keep our clients fully informed throughout the case so they can be an integral part of the decision-making process.”
My office is committed to providing clients with honest and zealous representation, along with regular communication. All telephone calls and electronic communication will be answered and returned promptly. The attorneys and staff at The Law Office of Sam Byrd know and understand that communication is important in every case.
ESTATE PLANNING, WILLS, AND TRUSTS
Life and Estate Planning is not something you do for yourself; It is something you do for the people you care about most.
You already have an estate plan, even if you don't know what it is. The State of Tennessee already has a plan in place for you upon death or incapacity unless you take action to make your own plan. Taking action to prepare an estate plan, wills, trusts, and other documents makes sure your property and estate pass to the people you want, in the way that you want. It also gives you peace of mind knowing that your affairs are in order and your loved ones are provided for and protected.
PROPER ESTATE PLANNING ALLOWS YOU TO:
- Make sure your minor children are taken care of by the people you want, in the way that you want.
- Pass your estate to your beneficiaries without the lengthy and costly process of Probate Court (12-15 months and averaging 5% of the total estate value!)
- Designate someone you trust to manage your affairs and follow your specific written instructions if you become incapacitated or disabled;
- Protect inherited assets from lawsuits, divorce, creditors and other claims.
- Minimize or avoid estate taxes, income taxes and capital gains taxes.
- Help young or inexperienced beneficiaries do the right thing with their inheritance, such as getting a good education, purchasing a home, getting a safe car and making wise investments.
- Make sure your plan works the way you want when you need it, by providing periodic plan reviews
- Have peace of mind knowing that your affairs are in order and your loved ones are provided for and protected
Schedule A Free Consultation Today
I offer a free consultation during which I can answer your questions and recommend the best steps to take next. Call 423-954-7949 or toll free at 800-724-5435, or email us to schedule an appointment with a highly qualified Chattanooga attorney.